Monday, March 3, 2008

Jenn Hildreth rules!

Around 2005, I saw Jenn Hildreth do interviews during a ACC basketball game. Man, I thought she was boring to hear and watch. It was as if Julie Haggerty was doing sports. Her coverage of the 2005 ACC Men's tournament was attrocious. As the years went by, you can see improvement due to her shows covering each teams in various sports for women and men in the south. Her talent has gotten a lot better than those years. FSN knew better and stuck with her. People always praised her work ethic which has been there from the get go. Her confidence just grew. Maybe, she has a family to get her over the top.

Last week, I was listening to a game between Clemson and Maryland. Jenn was doing the intro and talking about the match up. I took for granted she was going to do the game with Mike Gminiski or a former player. When the game started, she was doing the sideline and the half-time show while Mike Gminiski and Tim Brando were doing the game. I'm disappointed because her abilities has outgrown her work as a sideline reporter.

I hope she gets a chance somewhere to do basketball or other sports (she was a soccer player in college). Are you listening ESPN? Maybe she can give Digger a run for his money. I requested her to be the broadcaster for the Atlanta Dream. I hope it is not too late. I thinks she is better than those "whiny guy" profile that you read in Kate Clinton columns.

No comments: