Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Reinhardt College Reunion, second part

After that tour, I hung out during lunch with a couple named Bruce and Dell and their son. They invited me to sit with them (Thanks). We sat on picnic benches on the grass side of the athletic department after a long wait on the line for food. Bruce and Dell are Reinhardt parents who attended the tour. Their son just transferred from Andrew College. They liked the campus and the teaching from Reinhardt professors. I reinforced the same view with my perspective of students and professors in my years there.

Bruce talked about his days in Georgia Tech and how when he first got to campus, they were so many students that were smarter than him. He eventually got his degree and masters in textile engineering. I told him about the factory that my grandmother owned for a few years. It was small but a working factory.

Then he talked about India and some dude who went there or they know somebody there. As I finished finished my chili dogs and onion rings, they told me that they lived in Druid Hills area near Emory University. Don't know how they met and all but they did mention about that area being the largest area of publishing works. I think?
After that, they headed on out with Dell saying that she was going to see me later at the reunion (talent show)and Bruce nodded in agreement but first they were going to visit their son's dorm. I was going to the soccer game and stay on schedule.

Side note: Never did see Dell and Bruce or their son again.

No comments: